CZ Extension java classes uploaded directly on middletier / unix box:
- Java extension classes are placed in middle-tier/unix file system
- jserv.properties (11.5.10) or oc4j.properties (R12) file should be updated to add extension classes in classpath.
- All published Configurator models will use same extension classes
- Any new change in code will require a Jserv/OC4J bounce to take effect, no model republish required
- Any code change will affect all published models using extension classes
- Any application in the EBIZ running on Jserv/OC4J will have access to all CZ Extension classes through java classpath
CZ Extension java classes uploaded through archive
- No changes required on middletier/unix box
- Classes are stored in binary format in database table
- Any change in CX requires archive upload on Configurator Model Development instance and ALL MODELS referring the archive needs to be published again, no server bounce required
- Code change will be effective on model basis - whichever model is published will have new code.
- Only CZ models which are using the archive will have access to java classes, no other application of EBIZ will have access to these extension classes.
- These classes are loaded dynamically by Runtime Configurator